17 August 2014

Oh! The literalness of he!


Awhile back, Jonathan and I were riding together in the truck. We came upon a construction zone and suddenly, my jabbery little guy became strangely silent.

I glanced over at him; he was clearly deep in thought.

I waited a few more minutes...

...but finally curiosity got the best of me.

"Hey Jon-man..."

"Ummm-hmmm," he mumbled distractedly.

"Whatcha thinkin' about? You stopped talkin' to me."

"That sign," he sighed.

"What sign?" I asked.

"The one at the beginning of when they started working on the road," he answered.

"A road sign?"

"Yes..." after which his voice trailed off. He was still distracted.

"Why are you thinking about a sign?"

"Because I'm trying to figure it out."

"Oh? What's there to figure," I prompted.

"Well," Jonathan said thoughtfully, "the sign said 'Hit Worker Fine. $10 000.'
Why would anyone think it was fine to hit a guy working on the road?
And would they really pay you $10 000 if you did it?"

*********************************
Have I ever told you before?

I just LOVE that kid!



construction photo credit:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails