04 February 2013

In the Face of Deep Disappointment


“Men and women enter ministry for various reasons.  ‘Because I want to be a deep disappointment to others as well as to myself’ is rarely listed among them.”
~ Jeff Manion, The Land Between


Why are you, as an international worker [or anyone, really], doing what you are doing?

And do you feel as though you are accomplishing what you’ve set out to do? Or do you fear you are not only disappointing yourself, but others as well? Why?...

---------------------------------------

Please join me today at a life overseas: the misions conversation where I discuss a common pitfall, at least for me - trying to make sure I "measure up" to some impossible and idealistic standard. 

And be sure to hop right in to the conversation. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails