09 January 2013

"Hard work is always hard work..."

gymnastics_spsl_subdistricts_2009_cp-0743
Photo by Chris Peterson

Many, many years ago, I was a competitive gymnast.


Unlike most of my teammates, I delighted in the challenge of the balance beam.


Dancing, flipping, leaping and tumbling on nothing but a strip of wood wrapped in suede four inches wide, 16 feet long and lifted four feet above the ground exhilarated, thrilled and terrified my heart all at the same time! Ninety seconds of performing with literally palpable spectator suspense pushed me to try and do things I never dreamed possible.

I no longer relish that public balancing act like I did when I was younger.

On the other hand, I don’t see escape looming anywhere in the future. If I want to… or feel called and compelled to… continue this expat, ministry oriented life my family leads, regardless of where we land, that is one of those things that will remain – the hard work of seeking to graceFULLy negotiate balanced, obedient lives in very unbalancing worlds and situations.

*********************
Please join me @ a life overseas: the missions conversation to read the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails