02 January 2013

Competing or Complimenting? Choices for 2013...


I experienced something completely brand new last week.

We took our family camping at a West African game park. I’ve camped a lot in the States, but this is the first time I’ve ever been camping in Africa, under the African sky, in a really remote location. No city lights. No electricity. No paved roads. No leaving the campsite without a guide in a vehicle or with an armed guard on foot. Hippos and elephants nearby in the river. Lions hunting on the other side of the rocky ridge that sheltered the campsite.

In some ways, it was surreal, like something you’d only see on a television show on one of those nature-documentary type channels back in the States and I had to keep pinching myself to make sure it was really real... Yet in other ways, it really felt a whole lot like “regular” camping with our gang back in Michigan.

Want to know one thing that was totally, vastly, drastically different? 

The sky. 



To read the rest of these New Year's musings, please join me over at Missionary Moms' Companion where I'm posting today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails