21 November 2011

{because of prayer} eyes that see

What are we to do when
"without are fightings and within are fears?"
(Matthew Henry)

Just last week, I received some pretty devastating news about a friend of ours. Speechless, on my face before the Lord, I finally mumbled something about how to even begin praying for this situation, feeling pretty helpless that all I could do was pray.

I asked.

He answered...
 almost immediately as the story of Elisha replayed in my mind.


"Then Elisha prayed and said, '
O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.'
And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw;
and behold, the mountain was full of
horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."
2 Kings 6:17


As I thanked Him for direction and a way to pray for my friend, He gently reminded me that He answers that same prayer for me - even when I've neglected to pray it - each week as He reveals to me the way He has encompassed me about with His grace, His mercy, His infinite kindnesses...

And that thought leaves me asking, wondering...

"If I've not been praying that prayer for myself...
I wonder who has...?"



this week's gratitude list
(#s 1677 - 1702)

Elisha's prayer

one of those immediately answered prayers

eyes opened, eyes that see

the privilege of becoming a prayer warrior

the amazing awareness that others are prayer warriors on my behalf

little girl who gets excited about projects... investing her own time and resources, making all of the arrangements herself, completely independent of me - except asking for permission



daddy who'll help his little girl complete a pumpkin carving kit


a fun, albeit shorter-lived-than-normal candle for numerous power outages this past weekend


Field Day at the Stade with Sahel Academy

hilarous story (and picture, once my friend sends it to me): Elsie Mae was running one of her dashes... in full stride, while looking at and smiling for all her cheering spectators

high jump victory

standing broad jump success

knowing you did your best and that that is good enough

ham, tomato and cucumber sandwiches for a picnic - with dijon mustard

Saturday night nems and rice

soft, chewy pita bread that puffed - and that I made myself

salsa - no bake cookie exchanges

mix and match flip flops

sweet times of prayer with a friend

watching college football on a Saturday afternoon - even if friends aren't cheering for my team, the atmosphere is great

Thanksgiving week

finding the Christmas tree and decorations

kids planning for an outreach trip next weekend

sweet fellowship with Pastor Abdourahamane and Amina - sharing perspectives, planning, dreaming, praying about the future

one of my favorite blog pages up and running again after a long break

Sunday afternoon nap - even though I couldn't really afford the time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails