03 September 2011

30 Days, 30 $s

Why do I have this picture of some family I don't know on our family blog?


Nathan Adair's evening meal consists of two scoops of rice, tomatoes, half a potato and some green peas ”at a cost of about 21 cents”while his 3-year-old daughter, Emerson (left); wife, Lindsay, and even 7-month-old Payton enjoy more typical fare. Adair is spending 30 days living on $1 a day -- ”the lifestyle of one-third of the population in India. (PHOTO/Courtesy of Nathan Adair)


I've posted this picture because I'm intrigued.

Nathan Adair, in order to better identify with people who don't take their daily bread for granted... Statistics tell us that globally, there are more than a billion people who live on the amount of food that they can purchase for less than one dollar a day. I don't think I've every only existed on $1/day. It is a very different sort of fast... and if you are interested in reading more about it, read this article or check out his blog.

Would you ever consider doing something like this? Why or why not?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails