11 December 2010

Last Saturday Morning: Donuts ...Iced by Elves

!! I love it when a plan works out !!

I was asked to make donuts for the American Woman's Club to sell at their Annual Christmas Bazaar last week...

I decided regular old glazed would be too boring...

...but that the Boston Creme from not too long before would be too much work.


~ So, I got up at 2:30 in the morning, and this is what I came up with ~
Whatcha think?





I was pleased with how they turned out.
I'm really liking this making-my-own-donuts-sort-of-thing, ya know?


After my quota was done... I turned the remainder of the project over to little hands who'd been awaken by some pretty yummy smells wafting through the house...  while I ran across town to pick up the two biggest elves who'd been making mischief at a lock-in ALL.NIGHT.LONG. and drop off the finished product at the Bazaar.






FWIW - she was concentrating and still waking up...
 not grumpy!
She was the one who asked to help ice the rest of the donuts.


Of course, I'm still finding green icing in surprising places... like M&M's hair yesterday morning - and I know it has been washed at least a few times since last Saturday.


1 comment:

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails