11 May 2010

True or False?

I was recently challenged to take this passage of Scripture and substitute my name in for the word "charity" or "love" (depending on which version of the Bible used - I left a blank for the purposes of this post). Quite convicting... because with Christ, all things are possible and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me... However, I most often try and follow Christ in my own power and strength... If you substitute your name in for each blank, do you feel as convicted as I?

_________________ suffereth long, and is kind; _________________ envieth not; _________________ vaunteth not itself,_________________ is not puffed up,

_________________ doth not behave itself unseemly, _________________ seeketh not her own, _________________ is not easily provoked, _________________ thinketh no evil;

_________________ rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

_________________ beareth all things, _________________ believeth all things, _________________ hopeth all things, _________________ endureth all things....

...When _________________ was a child, she spake as a child, she understood as a child, she thought as a child: but when _________________ became a (wo)man, she put away childish things... (from 1 Corinthians 13).

-------------------------------------
Original photo at "As for me and my house."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails