25 May 2010

K-4 Character Award ~ Diligence

"hardworking, doing one's work in a careful, steady way"

"Seest thou a man diligent in his work? He shall stand before kings..."
Proverbs 22:29

...and diligence is very important when handling explosive devices like canons ...or trying to change lightbulbs. Yes, there's a story behind that comment: tonight Jonathan noticed that one of the end table light bulbs had burned out; he took the initiative to go, find a light bulb and then try to replace the non-working one. Unfortunately, he'd grabbed the wrong type of bulb; we saw a flash, heard a pop and the Jon-man was quite startled. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt!

All laughing, sighs of relief and prayers of thankfulness aside ~ we are delighted to see God growing this trait in the character of our sweet and joyful little guy. Not only will it serve him well in each endeavor, but we pray Jonathan will use this conscientiousness and attention to detail to better learn to know, love and glorify God and to serve Him as Lord, forever.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for coming by my blog and becoming a follower! So fun to link up with someone who is also serving overseas.
    Looked through your blog and you have the yummiest babies (I hope it's okay for me to say that). No wonder you had so many! (I also hope it's okay for me to say that...)
    Made me laugh when I saw the Meiers-Briggs results for you and your husband (or you and your wife). Almost exactly like me and my husband, except I'm a P and he's a J.
    Blessings on you and hope we can continue to follow one another!

    ReplyDelete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails