09 March 2010

Looking forward to July ~

~ and our imminent return to Niger always brings with it a huge temptation to worry, because between here and there are several flights... in a plane... and frankly, planes, particularly flying in them, terrifies me... even more than snakes.

And so, this post was a huge comfort to me today. Different "fear," but the same truth. As a missionary mama who is terrified of flying, I cling to the truth that the Lord is with me – everywhere – EVEN (especially) on that plane – and I'm never alone. We landed back on this continent nearly 8 months ago… 4 months more and I'll be back on a plane, quaking inside, but clinging tenaciously to that truth. I have to. The battle against worry, however, begins.

I must add, nevertheless, that I'm so thankful for this struggle every single time, for it confirms that was God Who called, is still calling, our family to go… that it is not something I do in my strength because I know that I couldn't.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me… for when I am weak, than I am strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails