09 November 2009

*Sigh*

She came home from school today, proudly announcing that she was a cheerleading "flyer..." and that she wouldn't be playing basketall this year as she wanted to focus on cheerleading. I understand her rational and am pleased that she chose to prioritize her time and not try and do EVERYTHING, but what I don't understand... is the choice. I would have never chosen cheering for a bunch of guys over getting out there and playing the sport myself. So, *sigh* - I guess I'll get to watch her fly this year instead, and be thankful that my quickly-growing-up-not-so-little-girl-turning-into-a-young-woman has the confidence to do what she loves and be who God created her to be, even when she knows that isn't her mama's preference!

2 comments:

  1. lol I'm partial to cheerleading myself... you're such a good mom to support her no matter what!

    ReplyDelete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails