12 July 2009

The Way They Were~

... when we returned to Niger, the beginning of this term.

The Way They Are Now~

...as we prepare to return to the States for a year of Home Assignment.

I can't even begin to think about the upcoming time when this one has become "The Way They Were" photo... or the tears begin to well up in my eyes... It probably doesn't help that I've been listening to (in my mind, of course) the following song all day as I've been plotting posting these photos.

Memories
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we?
Memories, may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...

1 comment:

  1. i've been a little weepy lately, also. about how quickly they are growing.how quickly i am getting older.the things i've done.the things i haven't done.the wife i am.the i wife i could be.the wife i should be.the mom i was.the mom i've become.the mom i want to be.

    ...the Lord has given us so much - sometimes i'm afraid of what may be required...

    ReplyDelete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails