14 March 2009

La Douceur

Nadia recently was awarded another "Bon de Vertu" at her school... this time it was for gentleness... something that touched this mama's heart because gentleness is something the Lord is always working on in my life. If you've followed our blog for very long, you might remember several occasions where I've shared about what God has been showing me regarding this particular trait. Maybe I need to let my daughter mentor me... :-)

Here's what her teacher wrote on her certificate:
"Nadia has demonstrated gentleness when she approaches everyone with tact and delicacy because she is aware that only gentleness will coax the worm out of his hole."

And just in case you were wondering... the day we took those fishing pics, she was hunting for her own worms..."
I'm convinced that the Lord uses my kids to teach me a lot more than I'll ever manage to teach them.

"Therefore as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." (Colossians 3:12-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails