09 October 2007

He giveth and giveth and... giveth again....

Some weeks just seem more challenging than other weeks - and it seems the last few weeks have been among the more challenging ones. We've been struggling with some health issues here in Niger, Tim's mother is sick and in the hospital, Richelle's grandfather is awaiting surgery on his back, annoyingly, our refrigerator and freezer aren't working, the air cooler motor that burnt out is taking forever to be rewound, our water heater has once again sprung a leak, the front door doesn't close unless it is locked, in the past 10 days so many friends have come to us with serious and real needs and we feel helpless, not having any resources to offer them other than our love, friendship and prayers...

Yes, the Lord promises that His burden is easy and His yoke is light - but why are there so many days when it doesn't feel that way?

Thankfully, a very dear friend recently reminded me of the words to this song - and it is a song I've sung many, many times over the past several weeks, hearing my favorite arrangement in my mind so oft played by a man who used to be in our home church. His arrangement emphasized the unendingness of His giving as he played that last line of the refrain: "He giveth and giveth and... giveth again..."

There have been days lately where I've sung this song with tears in my eyes, but He, in His grace, keeps me singing, keeps me leaning on Him and keeps me trusting Him to walk (or carry) me through this time.

He Giveth More Grace (Annie Flint Johnson)

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater, He sendeth more strength when the labors increase; To added affliction He addeth His mercy; To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance, When our strength has failed ere the day is half done, When we reach the end of our hoarded resources, Our Father's full giving is only begun.

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision, Our God ever yearns His resources to share; Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing; The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

His love has no limit; His grace has no measure. His pow'r has no boundary known unto men; For out of His infinite riches in Jesus, He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again!

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

(If you'd like to hear the song, play the video. The song is sung by Larry Ford.)

1 comment:

  1. Richelle-
    SO good to hear how things are going- good and challenging! Thank you for sharing honestly so we know how to pray for you better.
    I'm glad you've found my blog too. =)
    give your family hugs from ms Angaber -

    ReplyDelete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails